Find out more about E-Signature Software
E-signature is an electronic method that helps an individual to show his agreement to the conditions and terms of an electronic service. It can also be used to confirm the identity of the message’s creator. In this respect, digital signatures can be considered the same as stamped seals and handwritten signatures. In today’s business environment, digital signatures are used mostly in regulatory filings and e-commerce because they are considered to be highly secure. Many countries give the same legal importance and significance to e-signatures as they do to traditional ways of executing documents. We urge you to learn more about the features of the tools in this category – including PandaDoc which holds the top position among them.
How To Choose The Best E-Signature Software
I personally have used 9 out of the 12 . will the other 3 soon. I just used one called Righsignature number 8 and that seemed to be a 9 for a signer viewpoint easy fast .
Digital signature is a facilitating confirmation option, but also an online mechanism for trustworthy validation of critical information. Tracking and storing documents is way easier than signing folders in a dusty archive while faking signatures becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible. The cream of the crop is that digital e-signing software for enterprises automates the workflow by providing a set of pre-made templates you can distribute instead of drafting special ones for every occasion. Besides, the transition to paper-free business is a painless and smooth process, assuming you’ve chosen the best E-signature software that integrates with other apps and document-related services you’re using. That’s exactly what this guide is trying to help you achieve.
Get to know each product with a free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials or demo or basic unpaid plans from popular e-signature software providers. With that method, you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good comparison of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do is to try software tools that currently have the highest rankings in the SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in our e-signature software reviews: e-SignLive reviews, SkySignature, Nitro Cloud, GetAccept, Motiv, zipLogix Digital Ink, and Sign-n-Send or looks for some free electronic signature software to try out first.
E-signing of business documents is another digital transaction management service that has pushed its way to the toolkits of businesses from all scales and industries. Therefore, e-signing software programs can be useful to every company, in particular:
- Small companies that are wasting time signing paperwork. Saving time is the most flexible advantage of e-signature software platforms, mostly welcomed by small and starting businesses that need to simplify their contracting process and focus on more important tasks. At the same time, these programs are affordable, meaning that a limited-budget company doesn’t have to spend a fortune to sign papers fast and safely.
- Medium companies that could use a better reputation. Even a well-suited one should think of engaging with a reliable provider for its further deals. SSL certified e-signing software provides the appropriate controls and safeguards that can make every brand more credible and reliable.
- Large companies with archiving problems. E-signature software can solve archiving problems too, as copies of e-signed documents are automatically saved in a database, easy to browse and to alter, and protected to the extent of complete exclusion of the need to keep paperwork.
What are Examples of E-Signature Software?
- Adobe eSign Services: A great enterprise solution that accelerates signing and managing documents, and integrates with a range of popular business systems.
- DocuSign: A digital signing platform suitable for small business and individuals, known by its capacity to accelerate ROI and by its powerful mobile optimization.
- e-SignLive: A smart product from an experienced e-signature service provider which can be used by businesses from all scales and industries.
- RightSignature: Offers a simple interface, but allows for typed and handwritten signatures. Its collection fields can be easily customized and shared via emails.
- EchoSign: This is another powerful Adobe product that accelerates contract signing by approximately 80%. It is very easy to use, and has a robust feature set.
Types of E-Signature Software
There are three basic types of e-signing software tools, varying from free open-source suites to ultra costly and accurate locally hosted ones. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but to offer digital signature, while others are more robust and they allow users to handwrite papers, type signatures, and even do some custom branding:
- On-premise e-signature programs. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) e-signature programs. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Open-source e-signature programs. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of E-Signature Software
The list of features of different e-signature systems varies significantly, but it is still possible to choose a few that are most vital for every business:
- Security. When e-signing documents, we’re actually transacting personal information online, which makes security an imperative feature for every e-signer. Information must be technically protected, and access must be secured with multi-approved privileges and proactive protection policies.
- Privacy. Even if the program is used by multiple employees at a time, each of them should rely on his right to reveal information selectively, and to do transactions discreetly.
- Compliance. Signing papers in a program must comply with industry policies, standards, laws, and regulations. Note that using one that doesn’t clearly comply with the requirements of your industry can have legal consequences, and you’re activating it at your own responsibility.
- Audit Trail. The function is vital for enforceability, and without it you’re very likely risking to sign papers in a non-reputable and non-reliable manner.
- Scalability. Most e-signature programs are designed to respond to multiple businesses and industries, right becasue fo scalability which allows them to accept increased volumes of documents without performance being obstructed.
Benefits of E-Signature Software
After in-depth comparisons, we found that these are the main benefits a good e-signature system can offer:
- Savings. You may be a fan of the good old ways, but your options are getting tighter: you can either go with the flow, or continue paying senseless amounts to keep paper-based business alive! Scanning, printing, and couriering documents can be haunting for the budget of large corporations, and waste precious time chasing signers around the office.
- Better user-experience. Customers are neither indifferent to digital signing, nor would they refuse such a facilitating service as doing business online. You’re relieving them big time by eliminating the need to download, install, or print stuff, and you give them a real-time chance to sign papers from private homes, hiking excursions, subways, or while waiting for the traffic light to change.
- Upgraded Security. Summing up, you’re finally showing some actual will to upgrade document security, which is among the best things you can do for the sake of your reputation. Customers no longer trust safety locks and cabinets, but digital evidence with tamper-evident seals which notify them over every altering in the content/lifecycle of that document. In fact, most digital signature providers keep track of who is downloading that document, something you would never know doing stuff the traditional way.
List of E-Signature Software Companies